Metropolitan Acoustics, LLC, located on the 19th floor of 8 Penn Center in Center City Philadelphia, is a nationally-recognized consulting firm specializing in acoustics and vibration, and a recipient of the Philadelphia 100 Award – a distinction given to the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region. Established in 1990, our core services include architectural acoustics, noise and vibration control, sound and vibration monitoring, sound masking, and sound modeling. We are seeking a talented software engineer to join our team to develop and maintain Moment, our SaaS monitoring platform, and in-house tools.
Position Title: Software Engineer
Position Type: Full-time
- Develop and deploy applications and related services for clients and in-house use
- Maintain deployed applications and in-house software
- Improve functionality of existing software
- Work with team to coordinate software with hardware functionality
- Document software and user manuals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer or Software Engineering or relevant field, or commensurate experience
- 2-3 years of experience
- Experience deploying applications to a cloud (AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB, etc.)
- Web app development
- AWS services (Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, ECS)
- Experience with React
- Understanding of basic signal processing
- Familiarity with basic electronics and micro-processors
- Experience with real-time data visualization
Compensation and Benefits:
Metropolitan Acoustics is employee-owned and offers competitive salaries commensurate with each candidate’s qualifications. Benefits include over four weeks of paid time off, eight holidays, a flexible work schedule, work from home days, health and dental insurance, health flexible spending account, 401K/profit sharing, professional development, commuter benefits, bonuses, and stock options.
Metropolitan Acoustics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States; however, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Please email resume and cover letter to Felicia Doggett at firstname.lastname@example.org.